The Story of Stuff was a rather interesting video to watch. On one hand, I found myself agreeing with some of the things the woman had stated, but on the other hand I just couldn't help but disagree with many of the things she had said. She suggested things that people can do to help out with this crisis, but she only offered examples that would take big organizations to follow through with. She didn't tell us what the average everyday person could do to make this crisis cease from existence.
With the way that our world is today I'm not sure if we can even save ourselves from the deep hole we've dug ourselves into in terms of our emission crisis. People always lay out statistics to show how much we polute the environment, and yet I never hear those numbers go down. Now, I don't mean to sound negative, but I'm just not sure if we're going to be able to take action quick enough to stop the effects this crisis has already had on our planet. I just think there are too many people who want something done but won't do it themselves, and sadly I fall under that category of individuals. Hopefully this film can spark the interest in certain people to take action, but as of right now I just can't see it happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment