My Wednesday morning started out earlier than usual but the field trip to Professor Legler's house to collect sap from the maple trees and getting to be with my classmates outside of class was amazing. I haven't been out to collect sap buckets since I was about 9 years old, so getting to do that again, and relive the excitement of getting to see how much sap we could collect.
Getting to see the chickens and listening to the rooster just made the experience even more influential. It was a beautiful morning, my favorite kind of morning, because I could walk on top of the snow, and listen to the crunching sound coming from below my feet without falling all the way through to the earth.
The writing assignment was a very simple task, but I actually found it very challenging. Trying to describe a taste which you are so accustom to is not easy. However, after all that hard work, the delicious vanilla ice cream with maple syrup definitely made everything worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment