I really enjoyed the video we watched in class about Andy Goldsworthy. The way he connected with nature, and felt as if he was one with the earth inspired me. He made a connection and thought so deeply about nature and his role in the world. His art was amazing to see, I’d never seen anything like it. I did not even know that someone could make a living out of creating environmental art.
His wiggle pattern he used throughout the entire movie inspired me the most. No matter where he was or what he had to work with he could find a way to incorporate this art into nature. He did it with the icicles, the rock wall, and in several other places. The egg shaped statues he is famous for were also very beautiful. The time and effort goes into a project like that has got to be draining.
A few times throughout the movie it showed Goldsworthy’s failed attempts at creating his art. I began to be frustrated for him, and the fact that he just kept right on trying amazed me. I think that really says something about him and the peace he is at with nature. Goldsworthy’s words were so wise and he was an inspiration to me. My first reaction was to go to the beach and make a giant wiggle mark to symbolize the flow of life. Andy Goldsworthy inspired me and I cannot wait to see what I come up with for my environmental art project.
No comments:
Post a Comment