
Using natural materials, you can create many pieces of unique art. With a little thought and the processing of ideas I was able to come up with my idea of an art project just like in the movie “Rivers and Tides” by Andy Goldsworth. As hard as it was deciding what I wanted to do I figured that I could use the different seasons to incorporate into my project. The two seasons I decided to use were spring, because everything is so muddy, and winter because of the snow is still on the ground; you can truly see how the seasons are changingslowly.
As you can see from my picture there are mud tracks, which probably came from a car that either got stuck or had just parked there with the snow I made waves, by placing chunks of snow over the tire marks. I think that the two colors worked well together because one is dark while the other is pure white with little specs in it, which could be small rocks.
When I first began working on my piece it wasn’t working as well as I wanted it to because the water from the ground was absorbing into the snow and making it turn brown. I can’t forget to mention how muddy it was around the area where I was creating my project, I sunk into the mud a few times, having one shoe get caught and myself almost falling over. Luckily I didn’t and wasn’t covered in mud to bad by the end. I had to come up with plan B, it wasn’t hard, but I just decided to move the snow to where there wasn’t a lot of water; which ended working out one hundred times better.
Once I completed my project it was time for me to take a picture of my piece. I wasn’t sure what angle would look the best so I took several different pictures and decided I would choose the best one later on. I really enjoyed doing this project because you really had to use your mind and come up with something unique. I think that everyone should have to do this because people could come up with some really cool projects. I give credit to Andy because I don’t think I could come up with as many things as he does, I wouldn’t have the patients to do it either, I would just end up getting frustrated and wanting to give up. Overall my project came out well and I would love to do something like this again when spring has completely developed because I could incorporate flowers and rocks which I can’t find now because the snow and flowers haven’t sprouted. If I could give advice to anyone about doing this project it would be, not to rush into it and give yourself time to process the idea of what you want to do, so that if you don’t like what the outcome is the first time you have time to try something else.
No comments:
Post a Comment