
I wanted to do something similar to the video we watched in class, only put a spring theme tied into it. My more serious thoughts was to write half of my name on snow using mud, and then write the other half of my name in mud using snow. This would give an artistic element to the picture and show contrast. The snow changing into mud would have been symbolic of winter changing into spring. It would show the snow struggling to hang on as it is being destroyed by the sun while being over taken and eaten up by the mud. Mother natures power of creation and devastation would be represented in this master piece that existed in my minds eye. How ever as I was procrastinating and pondering about the details of this epic picture/art master piece day light slipped into darkness. Due to the lack of natural lighting I am now not able to make this art work that would have been nothing less then a gift to God, and take a picture that would do it justice. I toyed with the thought of doing the project in the morning, and possibly staking out before sunrise as the artiest did in the movie. But with the angle of the sun being from the east it would have thrown every thing off and I concluded it just could not be done.
Since I know my self pretty well I had prepared for a predicament where I let myself procrastinate to long and not able to complete the assignment, such as this one. Being briefed on the final details of the art/writing assignment in class on Monday it was fresh in my mind as I walked back to my dorm room. I dropped off my school bag and books and what not and left my dorm room. I head outside and to the parking lot where my car was parked. I was going to my car because I need to go see my doctor because of a cold I could not seem to shake off with cold medicine and lots of fluids, I was afraid that I had not gotten rid of a case of mono I had earlier in the year. As I was on the around 3 ½ minute walk to my car I was still thinking about this art project. I had the great idea of stop by my family’s farm and where there would be all kinds of things for me to use to make a great art display that would be vary similar to the movie. As I reached my car I felt the urge to urinate which was not surprising do to the copious amounts of fluids I had recently been consuming in order to flush out my illness. So I stood next to my car and did as I do every single time I have ever urinated in the snow for as long as I can remember. I wrote my name in the snow. As I underlined my name a little bulb went off in my head. But I knew right away this was a bad light bulb and the idea for which it represented should never see light. This idea also amused me, and this amusement was enough to persuade me take out my phone and take a picture of the freshly signatured snow bank. Even though this picture is slightly crude, tasteless, and possibly offensive, I have still chosen to use it. I hope readers can over look this and find the same silent one release of breath half laugh that amused me.
No comments:
Post a Comment