After reading chapters 6-11 I went back and asked myself if I new all information that I had just read about, my answer was no. In each chapter I liked some of the different things that she talked about some were more interesting then others by far.
In chapters six the biggest thing that I got out of it was how her daughter wants to raise chickens for there eggs and for meat so it goes on talking about that for awhile I never really thought about how we get eggs and meat from a chicken its because we just have to go to the store and buy it. Chapter 7 I didn’t really find too interesting but it was about giving plants they mentioned how they gave tomato plants for mothers day and how you are suppose to be appreciative of receiving one. As I read each chapter something new stuck out to me.
When I was done reading I thought to myself I cant imagine living like they did going organic because I know I couldn’t do it, yes I do eat some things that are organic but for the most part I don’t. I think it would be interesting if we all only ate local food or organic food for a week to see if we felt any better or if it was just like eating other food.
I agree with you Lauren when you say that one thing really stuck out in each chapter. The story about her daughter and the chickens and the not saying "thank you" when you receive a plant were just a few. However, I think that when trying out a lifestyle of eating organic, home-grown, and local products you would have to give it more than a one week commitment. I think a month or two sounds more reasonable because then you have enough time to find the products you need and you also have enough time for your body to adjust to the changes you are making.
ReplyDeleteEach chapter did have a point that it had to cross and that is one of the best qualities in writing. I feel that a week-long commitment is definitely too short of a time period for an organic, local, and home-grown diet. A week would be a good time period to see if it is right for you but a commitment to the style should be held on to. Even though organic is a bit pricey, I feel that it is a necessary price where it is natural and not cheaply processed.
ReplyDelete