I would have to say after reading “Animal vegetable miracle” by Barbara Kingsolver that is was not one of my favorite books that we read in this class or in my first year seminar class where we learned a lot about food. I’m not saying that the whole thing was bad it just didn’t catch my attention as much as some others have in the past. I can say that it would be interesting just to eat the food that was grown in my backyard or with a certain distance because you would be saving so much money. One thing that I can pick out from the book that I liked was how Barbaras daughter got chickens and then realized that she could use them for more then just eggs she could also eat there meat. I don’t think we take advantage of all the food sources that we have. I wouldn’t mind reading another one of Barbara Kingsolver books to see if it could catch my attention a little more if I ever do read one I hope that it doesn’t jump around so much and drag on with different topics, that how I felt this book was about.
A Blog for use by students in ENG 100 First Year Writing Seminar "Thinking Green: Expanding Your Environmental Consciousness" with Prof. Gretchen Legler at the University of Maine Farmington, Spring 2011.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
AVM final post
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment