To say this place was incredible puts shame to its name. I really enjoyed this field trip because of the nice big reality check I got from the experience. At first, I thought it would be a high tech state of the art school the family having a huge house filled with lots of nice things that are "eco-friendly" I guess I should have known that no one would put such a nice abode down a muddy dirt path driveway.
My first impression of Chris was, I will be honost, insane for being outside already at work at 8:00am I thought maybe he is one of those hippy dudes that just likes being outside a lot (and Im not completely separating this category from myself) but as we all got to know Chris, his work, his home, his family, and his passion, I realized he was just really happy. This was insane. I thought sustaining yourself on your own foods would drive man crazy - constantly at work, and worrying about the season. But Chris and his family were so far beyond content that it blew me away.
Going to the local living school, I realized that even though I dont see such a way of life in my immediate future, I have come away with such a greater sense of appreciation for my food, our earth, other people, and most importantly - happiness.
Not to mention, who knew parsnips could be so damn good!
No comments:
Post a Comment