Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Final Note

At first I didn’t think I would enjoy reading this book at all, but after a few chapters I was able to relate to it. Although it did seem to drag on a bit it was overall a good read. I think what made it more interesting is that the Kingsolver’s are just a normal family. Although there way of living for this full year was a lot different than mine I was still able to relate to their experiences. Such as the family life that was put into the book, the kids going to school then coming home to work the garden. Or the fact that they had a birthday party for Barbara’s 50th and the way lily’s friend didn’t know what to think about the family after seeing Kingsolver making pickles. The book is just a normal family that took on a crazy year of eating locally. I don’t think I would ever be able to do this, nor would I ever try. Although it has made me want to someday have a garden where I can grow my own vegetables and fruits, just not to an extent where I will live off of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment