Walking down the dirt driveway still covered in a little bit of snow and crossing over the bridge listening to water roaring underneath us I had no idea what I was about to experience when I got to Koviashuvik Local Living School. When we first saw Chris who worked and lives there I think we were all a little confused because we didn’t see very much other then a couple small ponds a pile of logs and little fields that looked like they could be a garden. Once Chris got into conversation letting us know what he did there for a living with his wife it really caught my attention and made me want to go there so that I could experience how they lived. What really stuck out to me was the gardening and how many things they canned so that they can later eat them either if its in the winter or anytime. I also liked how they kept apples all year round along with carrots and other vegetables in the hill like underground figure. One other thing is
Overall the experience of going to this school is one I won’t forget for a long time it was so fascinating to see how Chris and his family lived. I really like trying the parsnips that we had earlier picked then fried them with sunflower oil and fresh grain grinded up from the corn it was delicious I probably never would have tried parsnips unless I was there because I get nervous trying new things. If I could go back there and take a class I would do it in a heartbeat.
No comments:
Post a Comment