A Blog for use by students in ENG 100 First Year Writing Seminar "Thinking Green: Expanding Your Environmental Consciousness" with Prof. Gretchen Legler at the University of Maine Farmington, Spring 2011.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Local Living School
The adventure I had at the Local Living School was amazing, I had fun, got to see amazing work, even washed some parsnips for cooking. My time at the forest enclosed school was so cool. I love that Chris and his family were so happy doing what they have been for quite some time. Even their children seem to enjoy being outside and close to the environment they were being raised in. Being happy with who they are and what they do, Chris and his wife have been so successful with their school. Teaching others about how to raise organic products and being able to eat locally is pretty amazing. Storage was pretty neat also with the mound that stored many of the vegetables and such in order to have the vegetables survive through the winter season. Happy is what Chris and his family are... truly, I could see it in them that true happiness to them came from being together, being able to eat organically and healthily and working with the environment to grow foods. All of the experiences while being out on the Local Living School wanted me to attempt to get into an environmental science course this summer to work at the Local Living School to learn how to create and grow from nature. Unfortunately I was unable but I still want to try to get over there again because I enjoyed it so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment