Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Final Note

I overall liked the book “Animal, Vegetable, Miracle” by Barbara Kingsolver. I liked how it was a first person book talking about something she has done. What I really liked about the book was Kingsolver wrote about her average family doing something simple eating. But the really message was that any family or person can eat locally and grow their own food. The same message would have been reached if her and her family were not just average people. It just shows the reader that anyone can support their local economy. The reason why this was not one of my favorite books was because it was too dry for me it was interested to hear about the different things that Kingsolver and her family have done, but at times it just dragged on about the same stuff. What I would have been more interested in was the actual struggles they had with growing their own food and staying local with the food they bought. The one thing that I found  the most interesting in this book was her trip to Italy and how magnificent Italy is and how she now can she why the heritage is carried on in Italy American families every. I found it interesting because I am Italian and would like to some day visit where my great grandfather once lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment