A Blog for use by students in ENG 100 First Year Writing Seminar "Thinking Green: Expanding Your Environmental Consciousness" with Prof. Gretchen Legler at the University of Maine Farmington, Spring 2011.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Final Book Note on Animal, Vegetable, Miracle
This book was a chronicle of one woman's family trying to endure a challenge of eating only locally grown foods and I admire her for doing that. I know I would not be able to only eat and drink local foods along with my own grown foods. That's mostly because I've become so accustomed to buying foods from supermarkets rather than from local food shops. Barbara Kingsolver lived a life that many of us wouldn't want to try or wouldn't be able to these days. I know there are people who live like she did, but I feel that a majority of us would find how she lived for a year throughout her book to be quite challenging. The recipes she also provided throughout her book could be a great source for helping people eat healthier even though they couldn't exactly live the lifestyle that Kingsolver was. Overall, this book was an enjoyable read and I was happy to hear that someone tried to live such a lifestyle when many of us, such as myself, would find this to be a nearly impossible task to complete.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment