Monday, January 31, 2011

Arboretum Tour: Ginkgo Tree (Ginkgo biloba)


While we were on the Arboretum Tour one tree in particular stuck out to me. It was rather small and had a funny name. It's called the Ginkgo tree. The reason it stuck out to me so much was because of its height. Out of all the trees we saw this one was by far the shortest. That's not a bad thing of course, and in some ways it relates to me personally. I have never exactly been the tallest boy in anything that I've ever participated in or taken part of, whether it be sporting events or just school in general I always seem to be one of the shortest, if not the shortest. I've also been known to have a better memory than most of my friends, and that's even something that this tree has always been used for people to improve. "Today, many people take the extract of this plant with hopes of sharpening their memory."

When I look at this tree through the one-inch window I can see the entire tree. The fact that it's so short helps of course. I see the many branches sticking out in every direction and begin to wonder what this might have looked like with leafs. The bottom of it seems rather short since most what I can see is branches sticking out everywhere. The way the sun shines upon this tree gives a distinct look for some reason. That could be caused by its surroundings or the light shining off of the snow could add a certain effect that I'm seeing. No matter what it is, this tree looks pretty damn good. Just like me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment