Sunday, January 30, 2011

Arboretum Northern White-Cedar


The tree that I went back to after going on the Arboretum Tour was the Northern White-Cedar. It was located next to the writing center. I know that from seeing the picture that I took its kind of hard to see the tree because it was so gloomy, but the reason I chose it was because of how the trunk of the tree looked. It’s a little hard to explain but to me it looks like it’s following apart like a porch that is old and the wood is starting to come up. It kind of gave me the chills because if you were to run your fingers over the bark it wouldn’t surprise me if you got a splinter or two. The color of the tree was green, which was coming off the branches and then the bark was a grayish color. One of my favorite other parts of the tree was how there were parts of the tree where it looked like the bark had fallen off and there was another tree of the same kind growing inside. That’s obviously now what happened but it’s a way to describe it. Overall I thought all the trees were really cool some of them being bigger then others. But I hope that when spring comes we can possibly go out and look at the tree again or do the other tour because it will be a lot warmer and I think we will all be a lot more interested.



No comments:

Post a Comment