I loved the whole arboretum tour. As we’ve learned previously in our past class assignments we found out what type of learner we are, and I ended up being a hands on learner so this was perfect timing for our walk around looking at the trees around the campus. One tree that I liked was the Norway Maple. The reason why this tree stood out to me was because I loved climbing trees when I was younger and this one looks like the perfect one! The fact that the truck is so big and then it splits off into many different parts giving you many different options to choose. The Norway Maple is very stable at the trunk and then up the branches is a little smaller. After the branches come the sticks which decrease in size very much so. The sticks lead to twigs, and there are many of these. I took the picture of the tree at night so it looks a little spooky. I think of Halloween when I see it in this photo. In my one-inch window that we used I focused on the bark. When you see it up close you get a whole new perspective. Firstly I looked at the color, it is a light brown like the majority of the trees in Maine, minus a few different ones like the White Burch or Paper Burch. One other difference of the color is that there is green in the crevasse of the tree trunk. It is a mossy look, but still it is attached to the tree so I kept it in. With the crevasse it looks almost as if you were looking at one of the glassed in ant farms. There were so many different paths with the bark.
p.s. I'm having a hard time uploading the picture of my tree. Tomorrow during our meeting, we can try to get it uploaded. Sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment