
Koviashuvik Field Trip: The Three Sisters
When learning about this field trip I was not looking forward to it, thinking it was going to be boring and I was just not sure what to expect. After the drive and pulling over to the edge over the road, there was no turning back. When we got there and I saw a man working in the garden I thought he was crazy; what would be growing this time of year? He came over and greeted us with a very friendly smile and started to explain to us exactly what goes on at the Local Living School. He introduced us to the three sisters something I had never heard of before, beans, corn, and squash I knew each thing separately but never together. When he told us that the three sisters are known to only survive together on the same mound I strangely enough thought of my two sisters and myself. We hate each other most of the time but if we didn’t have each other then we would be missing out on a lot of things. Overall the trip was fantastic, I enjoyed everything about it and their home is lovely and very inviting!
No comments:
Post a Comment