Thursday, February 3, 2011

CHD


I visited the Center for Human Development today and found a good resource for students on campus. The Center for Human Development is a place to gain information and receive counseling for academic, career and personal growth issues. Assistance with getting a career such as writing resumes, interviews and job searches can be found at the CHD, to name a few. There are also counselors available for a variety of reasons from disorders, anxiety or family problems. Another job of the CHD is offering tests such as PRAXIS, MAT and CLEP and assistance preparing for such tests. There are also people at the CHD ready to advise students who want to change majors or just need some help adjusting. Pretty much, the goal of the CHD is to help students wherever they can in the whole process of college. I spoke to Judy who works at the CHD and she told me her favorite part of working there would be the students. It's a great resource for students for a variety of issues, and is run by people who genuinely want to help students find their way. I found the pamphlets on career assistance particularly helpful to me in my future as a college student and it's good to know there's people there is I ever need advise. I think the CHD is like a safety net there just in case we need a little help or push. An object I noticed at the CHD was the shelf with lots of helpful books on a variety of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment